Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday before a long weekend

Am I the only person who loves the three day weekend? I think not, there's nothing better in my mind than having an extra day off of work with PAY! After working way too many years in the retail industry, I have come to absolutely LOVE paid days off, and actually get them off. That means that I get all of the silly days off to, like Martin Luther King's birthday, wow. I get the day after Thanksgiving off as well as Thanksgiving, and it's all paid! I cannot even begin to explain to non-retail workers what an absolute wonder it is to have days off with pay during the holiday season. I use to dread Thanksgiving, because that meant the beginning of 6-7 day work weeks and a mandatory 10-12 hour days. Now it means I have an extra long weekend and the ability to celebrate at work! I can actually wish my co-workers Merry Christmas and not be frowned on for being Politically Incorrect. YIPEE!

1 comment:

Jennfactor 10 said...

Woo hoo--let's hear it for the 9 to 5 life (okay, seriously? 9am would be heaven).

It's lookin' good, Jen!

Ooooh....sitemeter is another fun toy to see traffic...