Thursday, September 3, 2009

Procrastination



Who me? Procrastinate? But of course! HA! Okay, maybe I have an excuse, we moved from Alabama to Florida right after we came back from DC, and I didn't have time to finish writing my blog. It kills me that I half way wrote about our trip and then didn't finish. I haven't forgotten about the trip to Washington DC, but the trip has been moved to the back of my head after spending almost a month in the sun down here in Florida.

I have to say I absolutely love Florida. If I could have my house and my stuff right here, I would be happy to stay. We are living in Fort Walton Beach, FL. It is a tourist destination, and there are a bunch of touristy things for sale, and the restaurants are geared towards the tourists. But despite that it really feels like a small town. The apartment complex that we are living in has the most friendly people working here. The General Manager is super friendly and nice and helpful. It feels like a small town where everyone knows each other, and they have all been together for years, but then they are also willing to include this strange outsider from California in the discussions.



Now the beach is unbelievable! Honestly, I am not a big beach person. I don't go out to lay in the sun and get skin cancer. I like to be clean and covered in sunscreen, but the beach here is the nicest, cleanest most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The only thing that comes close is Hawaii. Hawaii has the beautiful beaches and warm water too, but here it is so close and accessible. The beach is almost boring it is so clean and the water is so clear. Matt will go snorkeling and he will be looking for something to look at and he won't find anything. The only thing to find is these little fish that love to nibble on my toes. Apparently I have yummy toes, either that or I need a pedicure really badly.

No comments: