Thursday, September 4, 2008

Teppen Yaki


I had a great evening put on by my company. We were taken to dinner at a new Japanese Teppen Yaki restaurant. There were 93 of us total, and we took over the entire restaurant. I had scallops and steak, and of course the ubiquitous fried rice. I think the evening was so enjoyable for me because it was dinner out with my friends from work. We work together all day, but to get together at a social level was fun. I am not a social person, I am a hermit by nature. If given a choice between dinner out, or home and a book, I would choose home and a book every time, but being forced to go out and be social was fun. I don't think I will ever choose being social over home and a book, but it was good for me to break out of my shell. Plus I have awesome left-overs for lunch today, woohoo!

1 comment:

Jennfactor 10 said...

I'd never say you're a hermit.

You are selective in your choice of friends. Me, too.

I say I am socially retarded because I am so Flipping shy in social situations, but you always seem a lot more proficient there than me.

Being social is easy if you adore the people, it's all those STRANGERS you have to make stilted conversation with--ugh.