Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Irritations

So, my morning started off well, I got the kids up with little to no whinning, (okay that's a lie, but it wasn't as bad as it could be). I got to drive today so I have my book on tape that I am listening to, and it is good, and the drive wasn't too bad, I got to work early, had my breakfast. And then 8:30am hits, we have a departmental staff meeting, wham. There goes my good morning. We were reprimanded as a group for celebrating a co-workers birthday. We had decorated her cubicle with mini Twix bars (her favorite) and birthday streamers. It wasn't too obsene, it was fun and festive. Now I work for a religious nonprofit organization and I would have never in a million years guessed that celebrating a co-workers birthday was going to be frowned on, ever. So, morale in the department took a nose dive this morning. Anyone who knows me knows that I am like the biggest Pollyanna in the world, and I want everyone to get along, and have fun while we are doing it. I want to come up with a solution to the morale problem here at work, and am going to be brainstorming ideas for the next week so I can have something to give to my mananger on my next monthly meeting with her. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Jennfactor 10 said...

yay for twix!

Boo for the smack down!